Monday, February 7, 2011

A Weekend In My Life

I hope everyone had a good weekend!  Mine was pleasant, even though I had to work on Saturday.  My son, Zack has technically been back home now for awhile.  I say technically, because he eats here some and occasionally he sleeps here, but usually he's not home.  Every other weekend, though, he get's his 4-year old daughter, AbbieLynn.  Yes, I'm a Grandma.  AbbieLynn is beautiful and she can light up your whole world.  When she's here I have no problems.  She can be sassy, but I love that about her too.  This was our weekend to have her.  To add to the fun, my son was puppy-sitting for a friend of his.  AbbieLynn was ecstatic.  My cat, Bart, was not.  He wasn't happy at all.  He went into hiding for hours after Zack brought the puppy to the house.  When he did finally come out, he wanted nothing to do with this puppy.  He didn't mind eating it's food or drinking it's water (the puppy was eating Bart's food too) but if that six-week old Chocolate Labrador came within two feet of him, off he went, running.  It was hilarious.  I think we all had a good time.  AbbieLynn and the puppy played and played.  Last evening, though, life returned to normal.  It was just me and Bart again.   Zack took AbbieLynn home and returned the puppy and he was off to his girlfriend's house.  These are the times I forget that I am diabetic.   I forget all the aggravations and complications that go along with this disease and just live.  It's easy to do when everyone is here and we are having a good time.  I hope you all have joys like this to help take away the harshness of this disease.  It makes going through those hard times so much easier.

1 comment:

  1. Logan does that for me, too - makes me forget sometimes that I'm sick. He keeps me going and makes me want to be better and to try to continue improving. AbbieLynn is so adorable - she is a real blessing. Glad you enjoyed your time with her!

    ReplyDelete