Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Great Diabetic Fudge Recipe

This recipe is from a great site I found on Facebook.  It's called Diabetic Healthy Eating & Free Recipes.  Just click on the link and click like and they will post updates to your wall. 

                      
DIABETIC FUDGE
1 14 1/2 oz. evaporated milk
3 tbsp. cocoa
1/4 c. oleo
Liquid Sweeter to equal 1/2 c. sugar
......1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c. nuts
Combine milk,cocoa in saucepan. Beat well. Add oleo,sweetener,salt. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup graham crackers. Cool 15 minutes. Divide into 32 balls Roll in remaining crackers and chill.   
 
Tomorrow I will talk more about some of my favorite budget foods and will give you my smoothie recipe.  If you have something you want to see in my blog, please feel free to give suggestions.  I will try to find any information or recipe if I can.

2 comments:

  1. Just dropping in to say how much I've enjoyed your blog. I found you about a month ago and have enjoyed all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am new to this disease and new at blogging also, so any compliments are very much appreciated. I checked out your blog also and was excited that not only do you deal with diabetes, but also chronic pain and other health issues. My sister has CFS and Fibromyalgia. She has been blogging for five years and the link to her blog is under Favorite Links on this page, if you are interested. Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete