Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Valentine's Day Message

Valentine's Day is just a couple of days away and I would like to take this moment to send out a message to all of you.  They say that, "In order to love another, you must love yourself first".  I do believe this is true...to a certain degree.  I also believe that, when you are loved by another, you love yourself even more.  But, that love can come from anyone. You are loved by your family, by your friends and most of all, by God.  Yes, it is wonderful when you have a special someone in your life and it is hard when you don't.  I know, because I am single.  Being a diabetic adds another hurdle too.  It can make others afraid that they can't handle the problems that may come with loving someone with this disease.  But, if you are taking care of yourself and are confident that you can handle it, it will show them that it is manageable.  Take some time for yourself and think about all of the things you love about yourself and write them down.  Do you have a talent?  Are you a good cook?  Are you a giving person?  Are you a great parent?  Don't stop until you have written everything down that you can think of.  Write down your blessings too...everything you are grateful for.  Then, put this somewhere you can easily find it.  Then, when you get disheartened or discouraged, read it.  Look in the mirror:  What is your best feature?  What compliments have you received?  I've always been told that I have pretty eyes.  I love that compliment, because they say, "The eyes are the windows to the soul".   So, when I put on makeup, I try to concentrate on my eyes and try to make them stand out even more.  So, find your best feature and find ways to bring it out.  These are things that will make you feel more confident about yourself.  Most of all, smile.  That makes you and everyone else feel good.   Remember, we were created in God's image....there is nothing more beautiful and no one loves us more than he does.  Happy Valentines Day and much love to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment