Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So Grateful Today

    I have been on a little mini-vacation from work and tomorrow is my last day off.  I have had the best time these last few days!  It has been awhile since I have had such a great time. 

    Saturday night I got to hang out with my oldest friend Marcie and a few other friends.  I met them at Taverna in Fairfield for a night of music and laughter.  Fun time!  Sunday, I spent the day with my Mom.  We went to a quarter auction at a local firehall then to a local legion to play bingo.  Monday, it was so nice out and my new friend Kelly and I took a nice walk around our little town and enjoyed some nice conversation.  Today, I went to Hummelstown to visit another old friend, Carol and her husband Phil.  We all had a nice lunch together and after Phil went to work, Carol and I just sat around and talked.  It was great!  I really needed some days like these just to get away and get out and forget about everything.  It helps give you a new perspective on things.  I am really grateful to have good friends.  Tomorrow, I am supposed to have lunch with another long-time friend, Julie.  I am looking forward to that also.  We haven't seen each other in quite awhile. 

    I will resume posting tomorrow, but just wanted to fill you all in on what's been going on since Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment