Thursday, April 28, 2011

Is There Too Much To Absorb?

    I receive diabetic information from many different sources.  Some of it I post in this blog, some of it I don't.  While going through my e-mails tonight, all I could think as I was reading some of the tips and info was; "WOW!"  "There is so much here! What do I post tonight?"  Sometimes I do write something myself; and as time goes on, and as I become a little more experienced with the writing and with diabetes itself, I plan to do alot more of that.  Right now, I am just trying to get some information out there to you. 

    Is there just too much information and how do we absorb it all?  Do we keep tabbed notebooks with notes on categories like Carbohydrates, Weight-Loss Tips and Tips to Lower Your Blood Sugar?  Do we save wanted information in files on our computer for reference?  Do we just return to our favorite blogs and sites and try to look the target information up in the archives?  Let's face it, we can't remember it all, right?  Or should we even try? 

    Yes, there is an abundant amount of information out there on diabetes and many other diseases and health issues.  No, it is not all helpful information and it is not all established truth either.  The conclusion I have come to is that we read as much as we can, research as much as we can, and learn as much as we can about our disease.  But, in between doctor's visits, as we are reading and researching; make a list of SOME of the things we think are important and discuss those items with our physicians.  If they don't think it is something we should try or worth changing our diets or routines for, then it probably isn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment