Monday, April 25, 2011

The Easter Weekend

    I hope all of you enjoyed your Easter weekend!  Luckily, the weather participated for the most part, so I am sure there were lot's of Easter Egg Hunts and other activities for the family.  I'm sure many of you attended church services to thank God for sending his Son to die for us on the cross and celebrate that Jesus had risen from the dead to fulfill His purpose.

     Whatever your Easter weekend celebrations were, I hope you all took advantage of the weather and got outside and walked or ran or just played with the kids.  Remember any activity is exercise, and some is always better than none.  I know I took full advantage and went for several walks over the weekend, and I feel so much better for having done so. 

      I had Easter Dinner at my parent's house, and there was plenty of good food to eat, but I was very conscious of what I put on my plate and limited my choices.  I also made sure I was careful with dessert.  I made the Sugar-Free Strawberry Pie recipe that I posted last week.  I ate a small piece of that and since I was so good at dinner, I allowed myself a tiny little square of the brownies my sister made.  Believe me, it had to be tiny, I was under the watchful eye of my Mom; God love her.  LOL!  She does not let me forget that I am diabetic, as if I were going to forget.  I guess that's a Mom for you and I would probably be the same way with my son if he were diabetic. 

      If you would like to post some of your Easter activities, feel free to comment.  I would love to hear how your weekend was.
    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment