Thursday, May 5, 2011

Grocery Shopping

    Tonight was grocery night.  I hate grocery shopping, as I am sure many of you do also.  I get paid every two weeks on Thursday, so when I get off work on that day, I usually do my grocery shopping before I go home. 

    We all know the way they tell us we should shop for food.  Stay out of the aisles as much as possible and only shop the outer perimeter of the store.  That's where all the fresh fruit, vegetables, lean meats and of course, the dairy products are.  That's hard to do sometimes, especially when you aren't just buying for yourself.  My son is back home living with me right now, and I always try to get some things I know he will like too.  But lately, he's hardly home and eats here only a couple of nights a week.  So, I decided I was shopping for me tonight.

    I was very proud of myself.  With the exception of coffee and a few non-food items, I did stay in the outer perimeter of the grocery store and bought plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, lean chicken and fat-free dairy.  I just can't wait for the local farmer's markets to start setting up on weekends.  You can get some pretty good deals on fresh produce and it will save you some money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment