Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Managing Sick Days

    One thing I found out this winter is that it is definitely hard to manage bronchitis and diabetes together.  We are supposed to stick to meal schedules but yet are too sick to eat.  Not only does it affect our meals, having the flu, cold, bronchitis, or any infection can raise our blood glucose levels.  If our blood glucose levels get too high, we can develop health conditions that can put us in a coma.  These illnesses also decrease our energy levels making it hard to exercise too.  Read through the information in this Diabetes Photo Gallery for some guidelines to follow when you are under the weather and just need to stay home.  


     dLife-Managing a Sick Day

1 comment:

  1. I have trouble on the days I am feeling really bad also when it comes to eating. I noticed here lately I was having trouble getting my food in every 2 - 3 hours as sick as I had been. It's hard to force yourself to eat when you don't feel like it, but if we don't, we end up doing more damage.

    ReplyDelete