Thursday, September 8, 2011

Handling Highs and Lows and More-dLife

Handling Highs and Lows
How much do you really know about handling blood sugar highs and lows? Whether you have diabetes or care for someone who does, it’s good to know how to recognize and handle blood sugar episodes.


Guess Who!
You’ve seen him in the frat house and heard him as the voice of Disney characters. This film and television actor developed type 2 diabetes and went on to lose eighty pounds while starring in a popular science fiction series. Can you guess his name? And for your next movie night, see how diabetes gets featured on the big screen. Take a look at these movies that highlight diabetes.


Why the Morning Highs?
Do you know why you're high when you arise in the morning? Get the answers now!


Fed Up
Jennifer writes: "Hello all. I have had diabetes for 36 years. I was diagnosed when I was 6 and I don't know any other way…. I have a wonderful family and would not change my life for the world. I need to vent because I am sooooooo tired of being a diabetic…. I need to know that other people are as frustrated as me. I hope I can make some friends on this sight [sic] because I am all alone." Share your experiences with Jennifer here.


Diabetes This Week

dLife Diabetes Newswire: Red Meat Linked to Increased Risk of Type 2 Diabetes; Younger Black Patients Undergoing Dialysis Have Higher Risk of Death Compared to White Patients; Eating Too Much Fructose Can Increase Heart Disease Risk Factors, Study Finds; More.


Crayfish Tails
Crayfish marinated in vinegar, lemon, and spices. Get the recipe here. Check out the dLife Recipe Finder to find more delicious favorites. Afterward, be sure to return to share your review of these recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment